Kiss 2008 good-bye, but hold on to the memories forever. Here's to a new year and a fresh new start!
December 31, 2008
December 30, 2008
Things I was proud of:
- Having the initiative to quit my part time job to take more credits at school. (Three classes and a full time job is tough to handle, ok)
- Giving up majority of my so-called "summer break" to take both sessions of summer school. I racked up 21 credits this year!
- Kept my 2008 New Years resolution to travel. (Visited Las Vegas twice, Maui, San Fran and San Diego)
- Paid off a credit card.
- I learned the basic concepts of the game of football, lol! It took almost three seasons of Warrior football to learn just what the hell is going on.
Things I was happy about:
- Had a some what successful relationship in which made five months of my year pretty spiffy--until it ended (obviously).
- Developed a love for California (I wouldn't mind moving to) especially San Francisco.
- Best friend moved in! She's the best roommate a person could ask for!
- Moved out of my Mom's house.
- Salary INCREASE!
- Completed back piece by Sado.
Things I wasn't so happy about:
- My office/job moving 30 miles from home in Kapolei. (Not just the commute, but the whole damn process of moving 100 employees from downtown Honolulu to Kapolei -- oh the agony!)
- My breakup...BOTH OF THEM. %#&*! (But I'll get over it...or have I....?)
- Taking 2+ hours to finish an 8-mile marathon. Shin splints are the worst!
- Moving out of my Mom's house. --I know I wrote this in the "Things I was happy about" section, but you have to understand the reason why I moved out in the first place. (Mother's husband makes it very difficult to live there) I'm not so happy because I miss my Mom. :(
- Missed out on NYE Las Vegas trip due to bad decisions. (I'm still whacking myself in the face for that one)
2008 was definitely a roller coaster of events. How would you sum up your 2008?
December 28, 2008
I finally finished my book He's Just Not That Into You and had some thoughts and opinions. Let me just first start off by saying, I bought the book because I came out of a relationship and needed a pick-me-up, oh please God help me advice. My friend recommended the book (also because the movie is coming out in February 2009) so I picked up my copy and eagerly began reading thinking that it would make me feel better about being dumped and single again...
December 24, 2008
December 22, 2008
- I finished school (hooray!) on Thursday night. I was debating whether to try and pass this one online class, or take the failing grade and redo it next semester. I'll find out my grade on Thursday but I'm feeling pretty confident. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)
- Sheraton Hawaii Bowl is on Wednesday!!
- I started on my book "He's Just Not That Into You" and it's pissing me off as I read on. I'll write about it when I finish the book with my complete thoughts. Ugh!
- Finished Christmas shopping! (And wrapping, might I add) Now I can go back to shopping exclusively for myself.
- Work is busy...I've got three projects all due within the first five days of the New Year. (Not good when I plan on taking off on Christmas Eve, and we have Christmas and New Years day off) I've only got six days. Looks like late evenings at work will commence. :(
- Got to the gym twice this weekend! *Pats self on the back* The first day was killer; I'm so out of shape, but the second day was a breeze. Thank you Red Bull!
Ok it's back to work I go...
December 16, 2008
16) I'm addicted to watching The Hills. (I have a dvd on pause right now as I blog)
15) I'm going to school for accounting, but what I really wish I was doing was fashion/marketing.
14) I've been to Europe, (Italy, Monaco, Switzerland and France) Canada, Mexico and numerous states (California, Washington, Nevada, Washington D.C.).
12) I've never bought a designer handbag. (They were all gifts)
11) I have a hard time eating Oreo cookies unless I take it apart.
10) I have ten pillows on my bed right now.
9) While I'm counting things...I own ten pairs of jeans.
8) I had Italian food for dinner the past five nights. (Buca Di Beppo has the biggest orders ever, my left over spaghetti lasted me for 3 meals!)
7) I've got $65 cash on me, right now.
6) I name my cars. (The 2000 Jetta, who I named Matthew, Bailey, the blue bimmer sedan and now Mondavi my BMW coupe.)
5) I guess I have a thing with naming objects, because I named my camera Barron.
4) I have a weakness for breakfast from McDonalds and Burger King.
3) Never had a New Years kiss. (Just thought about that since I have no idea what I'm doing this NYE)
2) I own five pairs of boots. That's a lot considering I live in Hawaii.
1) I'm addicted to tattoos. I spent $800 (fairly low) and about seven hours on my back. (pic) **And that little doll on my lower right was my first (stupid) tattoo I did when I was sixteen years old, my Dad took me. :) I wish someone stopped me, lol.
December 15, 2008
So, here is it...the Blackberry Bold. I absolutely love it! I was so tired of holding my old phone (the sidekick lx) like it was a video game controller, not to mention the swivel screen (it was cool when I first saw it) was just getting annoying to spin open to dial and type, and spin it shut to talk. Everyone asks me why I switched to AT&T but didn't get the iPhone. I have an iPod Touch already and had the hardest time typing in letters using the touch keyboard. I NEED THE QWERTY! But the Bold is great, the pictures come out so clear, and the sound. I was amazed when I listened to some of the ringtones that were pre-loaded on here, it sounds like a stereo system. I'm in love, last thing left is to purchase that Sony camera and I'm satisfied. (I bought my book as you could see in my previous entry.)
I was tagged the other day...I have to think about my sixteen (what an odd number?) random facts before I begin. I'm at work and somehow all the weirdest thoughts pop in to my head while I'm at work, so I'll just jot them down as the day goes on then blog it later. My top priority should be studying though. Last day of school was last week and tomorrow I have a final exam with a project due and another project due online on Thursday. Someone pray with me, please?
December 11, 2008
Can you cook?:
I "can" but I can't cook good. I do easy stuff like pasta and...pasta, yeah that's about it.
What was your dream growing up?
I don't know about back then, but now it's my dream to be happy and successful.
What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could sing.
If I bought you a drink what would it be?
If someone else is buying, something pricey. (Kidding! Ok not really but I wouldn't settle for a beer) Something with vodka (preferably grey goose) in it.
This is like an oxy moron in my book. Not a fan of veggies, but I can do salads so lettuce is good.
What was the last book you read?
I began reading "The Game..." but never did finish it. Then this summer I began reading "The Manual" but didn't finish reading it. I haven't gotten through one whole book since high school.
What zodiac sign are you ?
Virgo, the virgin. ():o)
A few. ...Got more ideas running through my head to expand my back piece.
Shopping when I don't have money? :) That's a good one.
What is your favorite sport?
I'm shocked that I can actually sit through an entire game of football and know about 80% of what's going on. (I'm still learning) It was a shock that I'm paying $40 to watch the Hawaii Bowl, I must actually like watching football. Go figure!
Negative or Optimistic attitude?
A little bit of both. I try to stay very positive and optimistic, but then I somehow always get disappointed so I rebel by thinking negatively about things, but that's really not the way to live a happy life.
Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Getting dumped. (Which time you ask? -ALL of them) Oh well, at least I wasn't naked (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, haha)
Tell me one weird fact about you?
I quote lines from "The Hills" lol.
Do you have any pets?
No, but I want a mini-dachshund.
Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Clowns are definitely not cute. Not so much scary, they're just...funny looking.
If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be???
I have a small non-smile, smile. Only after some patron shots does my smile expand. That can't be good.
Ever been arrested?
Bottle or Draft?
It doesn't matter to me, actually, I'd probably go with what's cheaper.
If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?
Go directly to Express and shop shop shop!
What's your favorite place to hang at?
Ryans was the place. Haven't been in a while..now I'm all about Oceans808 and I have a new found appreciation for hanging out in my room, alone.
Do you believe in ghosts?
I prefer the term spirits, and yes.
Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Apparently its going on the computer...or watching tv, shopping, gym, and sleep.
Do you swear a lot?
Nope. Not much for profanity. You'll know I'm really pissed off when I swear.
Biggest pet peeve?
When my toes get wet from walking on the wet ground. I don't care if my face, hair or arms get wet, but when it's my feet its so annoying, especially when I'm walking at the speed of evolution (not fast at all) and it still gets wet. AH!
In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Do you appreciate romance?
Yes, it's just sad how romance usually dies. I miss it.
Do you believe in God?
Ok, I'm done. Sleepy time now. OMG how lame, it's not even 9:00 p.m. Malls aren't even closed yet.
December 08, 2008
December 07, 2008
FRIDAY: After work I thought I'd avoid traffic by having a drink with the co-workers at Chilis. BAD IDEA! The traffic in Kapolei only gets worse the long you wait. So whatever, I faced it. Started shopping and bought my book from my previous post and picked up another from the same author. If you know me, I had just had a breakup about a month ago, so I can totally relate to these books.
Afterwards, I went home and got ready. We all met up at The LR for drinks, food, dancing and an intense game of Chippendale Photo Hunt. LOL. It's pretty funny when you get the guys pointing at half-fully naked men. Yum.
SATURDAY: Woke up and hit the gym, a much needed trip. Went home and got ready for the football game, UH vs. Cincinnati. Yeah, we lost. So horrible since it was the last game of the regular season. After that game, I seriously started thinking about going to the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve. When I came home from the game, Tina and I headed up to town and hit up Oceans for a few drinks.
SUNDAY: Today was Mom & Daughter day. We've been spending every Sunday together, it's really nice. So my Mom picked me up and we drove up to town and did some (well, a LOT) shopping at Express. I LOVE THAT STORE! I was a little shocked to see that I spent over $300 in less than an hour. For some that might not be a lot, but for me, that's a lot to spend in one place, and of course, the worst part is that 90% of the items, weren't gifts, they were for me. I'm bad, I know. We then had lunch at Japanese food at Hifumi's at the Chinese Cultural Plaza in Chinatown. So good and inexpensive. After that I did more shopping at Ross. This time however I bought gifts for three people. Ross is the best place for Christmas gifts! It's so cheap and they have cute gift ideas. I only spent around $60 there. I came home and cleaned my room (I can actually see carpet now! YAY!) and now I'm just relaxing. I doubt I'll drag my butt to the gym tonight, probably force myself to study. I have an online quiz due tomorrow, and even though I'm retaking this online class next semester because I'm not doing so good, I still don't want to get an F and lower my already low GPA.
Tomorrow's Monday, man how I hate Mondays. Got lots to do at work. I missed a deadline on Friday because I swear I had three projects going on and one of them had to wait, so I got to get going on it as soon as I get in to the office. I have a few more assignments too.
**FUN JEN FACT** I find that I work much harder at work when I dress professionally. It's really odd. When I'm lazy and wear jeans, and a sweater with I'm not as productive as if I was to wear more business attire. I better dress good tomorrow.
Looking forward to after work, I told Tina that I'd pick up Tanioka's on my way home for dinner. Best local food! Alright, study time! Good night friends and followers! :)
December 05, 2008
1.) A new phone: Like the Blackberry Bold. :) But let's see, that's about $300 for the phone and then I'd be paying another $200 to cancel my contract with my current provider, so I'll give that one some thought.2.) Digital Camera: Sony Cyber- shot DSC T77...oh, in pink.
December 02, 2008
Being that I have some time now and I have so many random things running through my brain, I'll jot them down here. And I can refer back to it later....
- Debating...should I apply for another job? I seen two bartending positions on Craigslist that are available. I'm always so intimidated to apply at jobs.
- Debating also, to apply for another job, or make plans to travel in January.
- Third debate...if I do travel in January, where to go...I'm torn between San Francisco (the city that I absolutely 100% LOVEEEEEE!) or L.A. (somewhere that I've never experienced)
- I need to find a program that's easy to use that can edit photos and pictures but comes out with great quality. I can't do photoshop for shit, tried it a couple years back when it was only like 6.0 or something and gave up. Any ideas? Suggestions?
- What the heck do I wear ankle boots with? So I thought that they'd look good with pencil skirts, errr! Wrong. They don't, well not on me. I was reading on the internet what would be good and it suggested long leggings? Perhaps I should have re-thought making that purchase.
- It's been exactly 4 weeks since I've been single and I can't remember the number of times that I went out (not to mention all those nights I just didn't remember anything, period)
- I think Charlie Brown said it best when he said, "I work best under pressure, and if I wait until tomorrow there will be lots of pressure." I love that kid...is he still considered a kid? He must be in his what, 40s?
- I'm FINALLY getting to try Azteca tonight for dinner.
Hm...I think the rain stopped. Perhaps I should actually make the effort to put on my shoes and get out there for a run.
Oh yeah, hey friends leave me comments...at least then I'll know someones out there. I'll add that "What do you think" option ...you don't have to leave a comment you can just tell me if it was lame or not.
December 01, 2008
Ok, so I changed my main profile picture and added an entry that plugs this blog (as if anyone reads xanga, well, my xanga anyway) but I left my brief info up. haha! I was so lame back in 2005, (not that I'm much cooler now) I put that my interests are "bad boys" c'mon, really. Ahh, anyway...so I thought it was funny because I clicked on all my subscription blogs and only one really updates still. The rest of them are filled with entries stating how long they haven't been on. It's interesting. Bobby described it best when he said, "It's like opening a time capsule."
Let's see....how many "communities" have I joined since my online era began:
Hrm...is that all? I thought there were more for some reason, and the last four are all pretty recent. Anyway, I'm just killing some time before I head out to the gym. Ta-ta!
November 30, 2008
I decided to go in to work on Friday day, and I worked at the bar on Friday night. OMG, it was really slow, but the crowds stayed long. I got out at 1 a.m. My feet were killing me and I was so tired, but I made some cash so I was happy.
Saturday we went to the Hawaii vs Washington State game. Go HAWAII! We won 24 to 10 (I believe). After the game, I came home and called the girls and made plans for a night out. We planned on going to the new lounge Bonsai, but after waiting around we decided to hit up Oceans 808. I don't know why, but I just love that place. Good times all the time. Here's one in the picture with Kanani, me, Shawna and Kels. (missing Kristina)
Sunday (today) I felt like doing my "Black Friday" shopping. It's Mom & Daughter Sunday so I picked my Mom up and we headed to Pearlridge. I wanted to shop at Charlotte Russe and check out their boot selection. There was BOGO so I bought a grey pair of ankle "booties" and a pair of black knee highs with heels. I have a black pair of boots, but they're flats and I wanted one with some height since I'm so short. I picked up two sets of sheets at Ross. I got a good deal, both were about $20 and one was SATIN! I've never had satin sheets before. Oh I got one item that wasn't for me, actually two. I found a sushi/Asian style dish set for my Dad and his girlfriend for Christmas, that and a little wine shelf tree ornament. I also found some cheap wrapping paper, so I got a couple of rolls. All in all, not a bad shopping trip. After shopping we had lunch at Chun Wah Kam for some dim sum. So yummy!
Oh yeah! I also got my shoes from Fredericks in the mail on Friday. I wore the camel colored pair on Saturday and they're surprisingly comfortable.
Lot's of spending this weekend. Payday is this Friday, it feels a long ways away. Back to the daily grind tomorrow, work and then school. I can't wait until the semester is over with...couple more weeks! I'm tired from shopping, I'm going to take a nap.
November 28, 2008
Instead of sulking around wanting to kill yourself read ten points to help you cope (before you start thinking about going lesbian and forming a boycott against all men.)
1) You’re going to hear this from 99.9% of your friends:
“Time will heal.” (Or the other 100 variations of that line.) Just get used to it and believe them. It sucks, but they’re right.
2) Stop thinking that it’s you…unless it really is.
And if it is, then good for you, but if not, stop trying to kick yourself in the butt (which is really hard to do) because you didn’t do anything.
3) Keep busy.
Pick up a new hobby, work out (the endorphins will help you feel better, trust me), apply for another job (one that keeps you busy – I don’t recommend a desk job), adopt a puppy. Keeping busy is the ultimate way to get your mind off things until time (see #1) passes by.
4) Out of sight, out of mind.
Delete his cell phone number (or change the contact name to “loser face”, “ass wipe” or any negative connotation of those listed), delete all his old mushy text messages from when you first started dating..infact, delete them ALL. STOP visiting his myspace/facebook profile 3,259,032 times a day, better yet, stop visiting it period. (It’s helpful to stop logging in altogether.) And steer clear of this path in the social world, if you think you might know where he’s hanging out, go somewhere clear across town from there.
5) Get that liver ready!
This might not be for everyone, but I know when I’m down in the dumps I pick up a bottle of hard liquor and drink that thing until I can fall asleep at night. Ok maybe you don’t need to be a complete alcoholic, but it helps. So about five shots of Grey Goose, two Steinlager Pures, a cape cod, two mango rum and diets, and about a gallon of water so you don’t hang over, later, you’ll be thinking “_________(enter ex’s name here) who?” (Well hopefully it’s that and NOT drunk dialing, texting, voicemail leaving, etc. trust me the next morning you’ll feel awfully stupid because you won’t remember what you were telling him.)
6) Watch dramas and soaps
I’ve been a fan of The Hills for about a year now; I never cared for it before, maybe because I never did give it a chance. I can honestly say I’ve gotten some good advice from that show, advice for not only relationships, but with friendships also. Sometimes it’ll open your eyes because it’s so real (well, hehe, sorta real) and you see how other people go through the same thing and how they deal.
7) EAT! EAT! EAT!
During depression some people don’t feel the need to eat. They just can’t. My advice: EAT! Sure, you’ll look great after losing 10 lbs in two days, but once you start feeling better, binge binge binge! Chances are you’ll gain back those 10 lbs and then some and when you do “accidentally” run in to him (on purpose) you’ll look like hell and want to be an anorexic again.
8) Retail Therapy
Just shop til you drop. By that slutty dress he wouldn’t let you wear, those boots with the heels, make up, accessories, try a new style or jeans cut. Whatever it takes to boost yourself.
9) Music helps…unless it’s songs that remind you of him
When you listen to certain songs, doesn’t it just take you back to that certain time? I can hear songs on the radio that will remind me of high school days, or summer after high school driving in the car to the club. When you listen to music that just reminds you of the times when you were together, of course you’re going to feel sad. Listen to music that you listened to before you were together. That’s why I found it helpful to label my iTunes playlists with month and year. No really, try it.
Now that you’re single, or as most people like to say (sing it like the rapper) “I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means” use this time to really focus on yourself. This is the time to better yourself, TAKE CHARGE of your life and do things you would never do, broaden your horizons, go the extra mile,
Breakups are hard, that’s why no one really likes to do it, but that’s just life. Stay strong fellow-female! You’ll pull through.
I changed my header and yes I know...it sucks. I couldn't sleep last night after coming home from Thanksgiving Dinner at my Mom's (which is weird because I thought the enzymes in turkey is supposed to make you sleepy) so I hopped on the computer and started doodling away.
I wish I did the whole Black Friday thing. Maybe next year...it just sounds so exciting, but I never have enough money on that shopping day. I mean, I've shopped on Black Friday, just never did the whole sleep outside on the sidewalk and wait five hours just so that I'm the first in line to get in and grab three Ninetendo Wii's. ..but like I said, maybe next year.
Ok, well back to work...I have a thought for another entry but I haven't got the time right now. Be back later.
November 26, 2008
- I came home from school/work last night and seen that Dad picked up the Christmas tree already (before Thanksgiving, isn't that a wee bit early? I thought the norm was the weekend after Thanksgiving...but anywho).
- Ate my first piece (ok ok three pieces!!) of holiday candy - hersheys and two reeses cups.
- The directors here at work are already warning us how the holidays are here and how things will start "slowing down". LOL. I don't know if they meant business (client interaction) or us the employees. HAHA!
- Dell already emailed me saying that BLACK FRIDAY begins today with sales on laptop computers. Oh gosh!
AND MY NUMBER ONE REASON HOW I KNOW THE HOLIDAYS/CHRISTMAS IS NEARING:
- Because I'm finding everything that I want to buy...FOR MYSELF! It never fails...always during Christmas season, when I should be shopping for others, I find everything that I want. I can go the whole summer not in the mood to shop, but the second November rolls around, I'm in a spending CRAZE! ...someone help me.